Create, Inspire, and Enjoy.

Navi Bar

Monday, March 24, 2014

Swatch and Haul: Birthday Shiro Cosmetics Order

Hello loves!

I got in my Shiro Cosmetics order. I was so excited to come back from class this morning to find the package at my door and it shipped earlier than expected!

Shiro Cosmetics is an indie makeup company that is owned by the lovely Caitlin and has been around for a few years now. I have previously ordered from them and have been pleased with how prompt it had shipped and arrived (compared to the TAT on the website). This time around it still shipped before TAT but wasn't as quick as my first order. But, USPS tracking is not good and well, I didn't where my package was at until discovering it at my door.

Before ordering, I emailed Caitlin if they were still selling Twilight Realm and Dark Sacrifice, which are soon to be discontinued colors. Thankfully, she said they are still selling it, and I found a link to where I could find the colors. I ordered mainly because I needed these two colors.

And look at everything I got. I definitely didn't get just the two colors. 



More pictures and all the swatches after the jump!




Full size containers come with a decorative stick on the black lid and a clear container, mini sizes have a clear container and lid, and samples come in a baggie. Go to her website to see the grams you get per size and prices.

All of these were purchased and I got Badger and Chimera as free samples. I did not picture or swatch Chimera because I have a mini size from my previous haul. I plan to do more swatches in the future so doncha worry.

SO GORGEOUSSSSS
The following pictures are without flash and use natural lighting. The best natural lighting that I can ever get in good ole' Pittsburgh AKA the 2nd cloudiest city behind Seattle, if I am correct.

All of the following arm swatches have the following bases underneath:
Urban Decay Primer Potion on the top third
Bare (nothing) in the middle third
NYX Milk on the bottom third


L to R: Salt and Stone, Homonculus, Little Bird, Boy or Girl?, Master of Whispers, Smashing Pots, Skull Kid, Huntress, Badger, Twilight Realm, Dark Sacrifice, Diggy Diggy Hole, Yzma's Essence of Llama, You Snow Nothing, and Tardis


L to R: Twilight Realm, Dark Sacrifice, Diggy Diggy Hole, Yzma's Essence of Llama, You Snow Nothing, and Tardis

L to R:  Little Bird, Boy or Girl?, Master of Whispers, Smashing Pots, Skull Kid, Huntress, Badger, Twilight Realm, Dark Sacrifice,

L to R: Salt and Stone, Homonculus, Little Bird, Boy or Girl?, Master of Whispers, Smashing Pots, Skull Kid

 The following pictures are with flash.


L to R: Salt and Stone, Homonculus, Little Bird, Boy or Girl?, Master of Whispers, Smashing Pots, Skull Kid, Huntress, Badger, Twilight Realm, Dark Sacrifice, Diggy Diggy Hole, Yzma's Essence of Llama, You Snow Nothing, and Tardis

L to R: Huntress, Badger, Twilight Realm, Dark Sacrifice, Diggy Diggy Hole, Yzma's Essence of Llama, You Snow Nothing, and Tardis

L to R: Salt and Stone, Homonculus, Little Bird, Boy or Girl?, Master of Whispers, Smashing Pots, Skull Kid,
All of the following arm swatches have the following bases underneath:
Urban Decay Primer Potion on the left
Bare (nothing) in the middle
NYX Milk on the right

All individual swatches are with flash.

Shiro Cosmetics Tardis
Shade description according to Shiro:
"Opaque, lightly shimmery royal blue with bright purple and green sparkles"
My description:
Bright royal blue base with green and purple sparkles. Also hints of red sparkles.

Shiro Cosmetics You Snow Nothing
Shade description according to Shiro:
Iridescent crow's wing blue-black, kissed gently by copper fire.
My description:
Dark navy with red, green, and blue sparkles

Shiro Cosmetics Yzma's Essence of Llama
Shade description according to Shiro: 
"gorgeous deep metallic plum with llama-colored shimmer"
My description:
Deep purple-plum with a copper duochrome.

Shiro Cosmetics Diggy Diggy Hole
Shade description according to Shiro: 
"Rich earthy brown overlaid with forest green shimmer"
My description:
Shimmer bronze with a green duochrome

Shiro Cosmetics Dark Sacrifice
Shade description according to Shiro:
"Super-dark blue-black loaded with aqua and purple sparks"
My description:
Navy base with blue shimmer and red, green, purple, and aqua sparkle.

Shiro Cosmetics Twilight Realm
Shade description according to Shiro:
"Shimmery medium gray packed with bold aqua sparks."
My description:
Shimmery gunmetal with aqua sparkle.

Shiro Cosmetics Badger
Shade description according to Shiro:
"Shimmery blackened chocolate with sparks of uncaring honey"
My description:
Warm dark chocolate with red-brown shimmer

Shiro Cosmetics Huntress
Shade description according to Shiro:
"Shimmering silver with a slight greenish cast and bright silver sparks"
My description:
Green-silver

Shiro Cosmetics Skull Kid
Shade description according to Shiro:
"Medium brown with strong green shimmer and orange and purple sparks"
My description:
Cool-toned medium-dark brown with red, purple, orange, and green sparkles.

Shiro Cosmetics Smashing Pots 
Shade description according to Shiro:
"Rich coppery-brown filled with green, blue, and red rupees sparks"
My description:
Warm toned medium brown with red, blue, and green sparkles.  

Shiro Cosmetics Master of Whispers
Shade description according to Shiro:
"Soft golden shimmer shining through pale lilac silk"
My description:
Sheer white with a soft purple-pink duochrome.

Shiro Cosmetics Boy or Girl?
Shade description according to Shiro:
"Semi-sheer gunmetal gray with strong blue duochrome and the occasional flash of pink glitter"
My description:
Steel grey with pink and blue sparkle.

By the way, I got this in sheer lipgloss form as a free sample or my first Shiro order. It is GORGEOUS.

Shiro Cosmetics Little Bird
Shade description according to Shiro:
"Delicate matte mauve/beige pink"
My description:
Matte warm pink.

Shiro Cosmetics Homonculus
Shade description according to Shiro:
"Shimmery dark grey base with bright sparks of red"
My description:
Dark gunmetal with pink sparkles

Shiro Cosmetics Salt and Stone
Shade description according to Shiro:
"Blackened green of House Baratheon, shining with the red light of R'hllor"
My description:
Matte olive green base with red shimmer.


The next few pictures are out of focus. Sorry for making you dizzy but look at ALL THE SPARKLES!
If you can't tell by all these eyeshadows, I love sparkly eyeshadow. I got sparkly, shiny object syndrome.

L to R: Huntress, Badger, Twilight Realm, Dark Sacrifice, Diggy Diggy Hole, Yzma's Essence of Llama, You Snow Nothing, and Tardis

L to R: Salt and Stone, Homonculus, Little Bird, Boy or Girl?, Master of Whispers, Smashing Pots, Skull Kid
Ermergerd, look at Smashing Pots and Skull Kid.
So. Much. Sparkle.

Oh, and she drew me a picture of a duck. It's soooooooo cute!

WAK.
People said she is an amazing drawer. I would have to agree and of course, I love what she came up with. Thank you Caitlin for being a good sport!

This concludes this swatch and haul. I hope you enjoyed the swatches and got some more information on what these shades look like. Just an FYI, if you like Dark Sacrifice and Twilight Realm, they are going to soon be discontinued. Not only that, the full size is $4!

And as always, have a beautiful day!
-Elle






No comments:

Post a Comment