Create, Inspire, and Enjoy.

Navi Bar

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Swatch and Haul: NYX Cosmetics 4th of July Sale with First Impressions

Hello Loves!

I bring you guys the makeup that I bought from NYX for their 4th of July sale (as the title suggests). Before I get onto to the goodies I have to tell you guys a story... a story about how insanely difficult it was for me to make a purchase not only during their sale but off their website in general. I guess this is my first impression for their customer service as well.

ORDERING/CUSTOMER SERVICE
Alright, so NYX was holding a 40% off sale during the 4th of July (which is USA independence day) and I have been wanting to pick a few different things for a while. However, they did not prepare their web servers the for the mass influx that is savvy shoppers. I would try to buy what I want whenever I got home and went for this for maybe an hour at a time. No luck during the sale and it ended. Thankfully, NYX was awesome and provided me with a 40% code whenever I emailed them about having difficulty purchasing off the site. All things seem good, right?
NO. Ugh, I tried for at least a week to buy online and every single time I had an "invalid request," which I assume means my card does not want to process. I call NYX and they tell me to give it a day to try again because they are fixing their website. I try again the next day with no luck. What happened is that everything worked perfectly over the phone and my computer basically does not like the NYX website. This steers me away from ordering off the website because of how difficult it was to place an order.

Not related to customer service or ordering of NYX but... (prepare for a mild rant) FedEx takes FOREVER to get your packages to you. Grrrrrrr, dammit I want my stuff.
Alright, end rant. Let's continue.

THE STUFF:
Left to Right: Taupe Blush, Macaron Lippies in Orange Blossom, Earl Grey, Pistachio, Violet, and Lavender, Velvet Eye Pencil, and African Queen Mega Shine Gloss
Closeups and all sorts of swatches after the jump!

Top to Bottom: Lavender, Violet, Pistachio, Earl Grey, and Orange Blossom
Left to Right: Lavender, Violet, Pistachio, Earl Grey, and Orange Blossom 
Orange Blossom
Earl Grey
Pistachio
Violet
Lavender
African Queen gloss doe foot applicator
African Queen gloss tube
Velvet eye pencil
Taupe blush
Flash + Natural Light
Left to Right: Taupe, Velvet, African Queen, Violet, Lavender, Pistachio, Earl Grey, and Orange Blossom
Natural Light
Left to Right: Taupe, Velvet, African Queen, Violet, Lavender, Pistachio, Earl Grey, and Orange Blossom
All lip swatches are flash and natural light.
Bare Lips
Orange Blossom
Pistachio
Earl Grey
Lavender
Violet
African Queen
All face swatches are natural light.
No blush (bare skin)
Taupe as a contour (done quickly)
Taupe as a blush
FIRST IMPRESSIONS:
A few of these products I have already purchased from NYX but in different shades, and I have previous purchased blush, eye pencils, and lip glosses from them. I enjoyed their eye pencils, blushes, and lip glosses in the past because of their great pigmentation and the same holds true here. I don't know if the Macaron lipsticks are a similar formula to other NYX lipsticks but I find that they are creamy, pigmented, and non-drying. However, the lipstick has a tendency to be patchy because of the slip that the lipstick has during application. The shade Violet didn't seem to run into this issue though. I haven't extensively used any of the products other than Violet, African Queen and Taupe and I have enjoyed the ones I have used. Over time, I will get a feel of how I like the products and possibly report back here with a review.

I hope you enjoyed the swatches and until next time...
Have a beautiful day!
-Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment