Create, Inspire, and Enjoy.

Navi Bar

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Tutorial: Taupe Smokey Eye (Revamping an Old Look)

Hello Loves!

A long time ago, I thought I was the makeup goddess. I thought that I was the shit. Looking back at these pictures, it makes me cringe a little just seeing where I am at now. Today, I recreated the look that made think I was all that. I also got requests to do a tutorial of this look so you will learn how to recreate this look today!

Here is the updated version of that look.


I used Koko Lashes Koko here and used a different pair at the end of the tutorial.

This is the reference look I speak of. Brace yourselves.

The look I am revamping. I thought I was hot stuff.
Pictorial after the jump!

Before starting, make sure to prime your lids. I used NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base.

Add a neutral or cool transition color that is a shade or two darker than your skin.
PRODUCT USED: Urban Decay Cosmetics Naked Eyeshadow
BRUSH USED: Hakuhodo J5522

Add a taupe cream eyeshadow as a base.
PRODUCT USED: Benefit Skinny Jeans Cream Shadow
BRUSH USED: Real Techniques Base Shadow

Pat a light-medium taupe eyeshadow on top of your base. Blend this color up to the crease.
 I blend it so it is visible above my crease, and I do this because of my eye shape.
PRODUCT USED: MAC Satin Taupe
BRUSH USED: Chikuhodo Sakura Flat Eyeshadow

Pat a warm black/dark taupe starting at the lid and blending half way up the lid.
PRODUCT USED: MAC Furiously Fierce (part of Leopard Luxe Quad)
BRUSH USED: Chikuhodo Sakura Flat Eyeshadow

Dat a smudgy black liner on the lash line and smudge it up a little.
I also smudge a little into the outer corner.
PRODUCT USED: MAC Feline
BRUSH USED: Mizuho CMP-551

Pat the warm black/dark taupe on top of the pencil you just smudged.
PRODUCT USED: MAC Furiously Fierce (part of Leopard Luxe Quad)
BRUSH USED: Chikuhodo Sakura Flat Eyeshadow

This is how it should look so far on top.

This is how it should look so far on top.
We will be proceeding to the lower lash line next.

Pat a black eyeshadow very close to your lash line. Make sure to get in between the lashes.
Optional: Add a black liner to the waterline
PRODUCT USED: Makeup Geek Corrupt
BRUSH USED: Mizuho CMP-551

Take some of the taupe shadow and use it to blend out the black.
PRODUCT USED: MAC Satin Taupe
BRUSH USED: Koyudo BP032

Place a cool gold in the inner corner/tear duct for a highlight.
PRODUCT USED: MAC Dalliance
BRUSH USED: Chikuhodo Z-10

Add mascara and done.
I added false lashes and used Eylure Vegas Nay Lashes in Grand Glamor in this photo.


Thanks for making it to the end of the post, and I hope you enjoyed the tutorial. If you recreate it, make sure to tag me if you post it on social media (IG: #pittpantherelle and /u/pittpanthermua on Reddit) so I can see it :)

Until next time,
Have a beautiful day!
-Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment